My bubble tip anemone is eating its tentacle???

  • Thread starter Thread starter rowenaad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rowenaad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2021
Messages
363
Reaction score
202
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8066.JPG


IMG_8067.JPG


I noticed it this morning but thought its just an angle thing but now i can tell the tentacle is really stuck in its mouth. i tried to pull the tentacle but it was really tight and a few minutes later.....it seems like a bigger portion of the tentacle is in the mouth......

The last time i fed the anemone was...yesterday night with some mysis shrimp....i feed several times a week tho most of time with small frozen food and occasional with bigger food chunks, but i would be surprised if its doing so due to starvation.....

Does anyone have a clue why is it doing this?
 
Mmm mmm finger lickin good 😋

Seriously though, I wouldn't be too worried. I don't think it would actually eat itself.
 
Nervous system and gut, that's pretty much it. Why do they walk into wave makers, there's no functioning brain.

Looks otherwise healthy. Very pretty.

The tentacle brushed up against the oral disk and the sensory system kicked in.
 
Nothing I would worry about! Great-looking anemone!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new