In line pump with 20ft or more head height.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am looking for a replacement pump to move water from one floor to another. My current pump from Danner (2750 Model) has been discontinued. Looking for a replacement and recommendations.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought of Danner (MAG) pumps as pressure pumps. I have a MAG 18 in my waste water barrel to pump out onto my lawn/flowers....maybe 8 feet....and all I get is a trickle. Anyway, I found the 2750 on Amazon if you simply want to replace the one you have. Note that it says maximum head is 19 feet, and my experience is that at 19 feet you simply get a trickle.

Otherwise I'd suggest an external pump specifically made for pressure (head) situations.

Check out this thread:

Advice on Return Pump for Basement Sump

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought of Danner (MAG) pumps as pressure pumps. I have a MAG 18 in my waste water barrel to pump out onto my lawn/flowers....maybe 8 feet....and all I get is a trickle. Anyway, I found the 2750 on Amazon if you simply want to replace the one you have. Note that it says maximum head is 19 feet, and my experience is that at 19 feet you simply get a trickle.

Otherwise I'd suggest an external pump specifically made for pressure (head) situations.

Check out this thread:

Advice on Return Pump for Basement Sump

Thank you, this is helpful!

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon has the Danner DNR02750 listed in stock for $174.28. It says only 19 ft head though.
That is correct. It seems this unit has been discontinued. So if I was going to replace it, I was looking for something with a little more umph... Right now the flow is ok for filling the tank for water changes. Definitely not having a sump in the basement. I should have been clear on the use. :)

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Abyzz A100-A200, very expensive but worth it.
I came across Abyzz after I wrote this :) Thank you. Separate question, do you have the link to your biocube? I have one, neglected, but it's going with a refugium in the back. I am curious to see what else you did to it :)

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An external AC pump like Iwaki, Pan World, Blueline would be a good way to go. I would argue the best, although I haven't been around the Abyzz Red Dragon pumps.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back