In regards to your tank, what was a truly special moment?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have that one moment with our tanks that are very special to us. Maybe it was setting up our tank for the first time, adding fish to our tank, or watching a near tank crash turn around into a tank blooming with life. I am wondering, when it comes to your tank, what is a moment that is truly special to you? Curious to see what everyone else says!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The moment I got my beautiful dwarf fuzzy lionfish Nala as a baby and she ate day one :) always wanted one as a kid and shes the perfect lionfish!

Attachments

• IMG_3668.png
    IMG_3668.png
    464.8 KB · Views: 20

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This build, putting corals in and having my wife say 'that's cool!' Most memorable tank moment ever was when I had a 160 mixed reef and a 5" Regal angel an longtime hobbyist and once LFS owner came to my house and took pics because he couldn't believe I had a regal angel with a big clam and lots of zoas

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build, putting corals in and having my wife say 'that's cool!' Most memorable tank moment ever was when I had a 160 mixed reef and a 5" Regal angel an longtime hobbyist and once LFS owner came to my house and took pics because he couldn't believe I had a regal angel with a big clam and lots of zoas
Oh yeah I would have been the same considering mine eats the heck out of clams!!!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised H erectus seahorse fry (started out with 24 of them) into 16 juvenile (4-5 mos old) seahorses all trained onto frozen mysis. It was my first and last time to do it, LOL because it was a boatload of work, but oh so rewarding!
20150223_120659.jpg
20150223_120346.jpg

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first major exciting event in my reefkeeping hobby was a trochus snail spawning event. I woke up one day to just dozens of tiny little snails. Over the next few months they grew enough to visibly recognize they were trochus snails. Those snails grew to adulthood and I never bought snails for my tank until my power outage crash 2 years ago.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it was when my alkalinity finally stabilized using AFR and corals started growing. Nothing dramatic, but an important moment.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and my wife would go down after work and sit in front of the reef. I was very new and my scaping wasn't the greatest. I started a new tank a year or so later and did a much better job at placement. My wife stopped coming down with me and I realized she was only going down after work to be with me not because of the reef. Fast forward and Coraline growing all over the Rock and coral filling in, and the moment she came to the reef and said wow, that looks amazing! That was the moment. Now she will come to the reef by herself and sit in my easy chair and just look at the tank. She now knows allot of the coral and sometimes sits real close to the tank like I do and looks everywhere around the reef always finding cool changes.

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently actually, when trying to get new corals placed I struggled to find good spots for them and then it hit me that I have a bunch of corals and took a step back and really realized how good my tank looked.
After many algae blooms, coral deaths and seemingly unable to keep fish alive in my new setup it's finally come around the bend.

Getting compliments from people/distributors I have ordered coral from also feels really good because inside, you know how many tanks they see that are phenomenal and for them to give mine high praise means a lot.

Fritz05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a tiger pistol shrimp and a yellow watchman goby. I put the shrimp in the tank and quarantined the goby. Both were miserable. I saw the tip of a shrimp antenna once a day maybe and the goby was hiding in the last corner of the QT and not eating. After a week or so I decided to skip the qurantine and put the goby in the tank. It swam into the shrimp’s burrow after a couple of minutes and when I came back an hour later shrimp and goby were at the entrance, the shrimp burrowing away and the shrimp proudly standing watch. They have been inseparable ever since. Quarantine is important, but skipping it was the right decision here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back