What is your goal for your tank?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have our own goals with our tanks and what we want to get out of our tanks. I am wondering, what are some goals you have for your tank? Maybe it is to get it algae free or maybe it is to upgrade to a bigger tank. Curious to see what everyone says!

danimal1211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow corals! For a long time I’ve like the idea of letting the corals be the aquascape. Each coral gets its own structure to grow on. I think there a multiple benefits to that. Long term there will likely be a bigger system with planned placement of each colony.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow corals! For a long time I’ve like the idea of letting the corals be the aquascape. Each coral gets its own structure to grow on. I think there a multiple benefits to that. Long term there will likely be a bigger system with planned placement of each colony.
It's really neat seeing coral overtake aquascapes like that!

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main goal is just to have a nice variety of creatures (corals/inverts/fish) that I enjoy watching with AS LITTLE EFFORT on my part as possible.

...felt like I was accomplishing that for a span of time but, lately, I'm expending more effort than I'd like just to keep things stable

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
in this order:
  1. keep tank stable until transfer
  2. continue planning out tank transfer
  3. begin purchasing items
  4. assemble
  5. transfer tank from a 40B to a 60G cube with no issues
  6. tear down old 40B, and sell what i can to fund the cube. use the rest
  7. enjoy

technically at #0, i would have "keep my OG bounce from melting". has me worried lol

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have our own goals with our tanks and what we want to get out of our tanks. I am wondering, what are some goals you have for your tank? Maybe it is to get it algae free or maybe it is to upgrade to a bigger tank. Curious to see what everyone says!
A peaceful community/reef! I have all the fish I want. I am currently adding some corals, then the goal is to maintain, sit back, and enjoy.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goal for my tanks used to be to just use them for my enjoyment. Now my goal is to use them to help others. This keeps me motivated to try new things and stay on top of my maintenance. Having all this to myself is nice, but not as rewarding as sharing it with others and being a part of a community.

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal is to get some nice coral growth and expand the frags that I have now. I have lots of frags but they are all growing slowly (except soft corals), the issue is I move tanks so much because of college there is no real stability for long periods. However soon I will be in an apartment and not a dorm room and will be able to keep better care of my corals. I love the look of a full tank and I hope to achieve that someday!

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only goal is to have the kind of system that I once envied when I was younger and couldn't afford to do things how I would have liked. And if anyone else can take something home with them from that, even better.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef of the month! I won’t stop till I get it! Haha
I gave up on that idea after seeing so many awesome tanks! :grinning-squinting-face:
But I agree your tank should get it! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up on that idea after seeing so many awesome tanks! :grinning-squinting-face:
But I agree your tank should get it! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Def agree with that! Thousands of beautiful tanks out there! Some day we’ll get it! Your tank already looks amazing and is worthy in my opinion…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back