IN-STOCK Notifications; Possible Option Addition

  • Thread starter Thread starter ADAM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
5,627
Reaction score
6,924
Location
Nashville NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how other reefers would feel about this so feel free to comment if you'd like.

I was signing up for an "in stock" notification earlier and was thinking that I would really like to have an option for SMS/ Text message notification instead of email. I can only check emails every so often while at home or work, and a text message with "BRS item in stock--> link" would be much easier and faster to handle. I feel like someone has probably thought of this already at BRS but thought Id throw it out there in case it had not.
 
As a work around, most cellular service providers allow you to send an email as text. For at&T you can send a text by email, just use yourphonenumber@txt.att.net. Not really what your looking for but, will work if brs doesn't add this option.
 
As a work around, most cellular service providers allow you to send an email as text. For at&T you can send a text by email, just use yourphonenumber@txt.att.net. Not really what your looking for but, will work if brs doesn't add this option.
Good to know, thanks!
 
If I hadn’t gotten so old already I would have probably known this! Nonetheless, I looked it up for Verizon customers and Verizon says ;
You can send a message to any Verizon mobile number from your email:
Compose a message as if you were sending a standard email. ...
In the To field, enter the 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vtext.com (e.g., [email protected]). ...

Send the message.

Therefore if I input my [email protected] address in the “email address for notification field” I should get the notification by text, perfect!
 
Not sure how other reefers would feel about this so feel free to comment if you'd like.

I was signing up for an "in stock" notification earlier and was thinking that I would really like to have an option for SMS/ Text message notification instead of email. I can only check emails every so often while at home or work, and a text message with "BRS item in stock--> link" would be much easier and faster to handle. I feel like someone has probably thought of this already at BRS but thought Id throw it out there in case it had not.

I really like the idea! I'm sure someone on the tech team has thought of this already, but I'll suggest it to them just in case :) I know they're hard at work on some behind the scene website updates, so I can't promise when we'll be able to implement something like this. That said, it sounds as though @Babboney has found a pretty good work around in the meantime! I must be getting old too...I didn't know you could do that either ;Hilarious
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new