IN-STOCK Notifications; Possible Option Addition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how other reefers would feel about this so feel free to comment if you'd like.

I was signing up for an "in stock" notification earlier and was thinking that I would really like to have an option for SMS/ Text message notification instead of email. I can only check emails every so often while at home or work, and a text message with "BRS item in stock--> link" would be much easier and faster to handle. I feel like someone has probably thought of this already at BRS but thought Id throw it out there in case it had not.

Babboney

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a work around, most cellular service providers allow you to send an email as text. For at&T you can send a text by email, just use yourphonenumber@txt.att.net. Not really what your looking for but, will work if brs doesn't add this option.

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a work around, most cellular service providers allow you to send an email as text. For at&T you can send a text by email, just use yourphonenumber@txt.att.net. Not really what your looking for but, will work if brs doesn't add this option.
Good to know, thanks!

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I hadn’t gotten so old already I would have probably known this! Nonetheless, I looked it up for Verizon customers and Verizon says ;
You can send a message to any Verizon mobile number from your email:
Compose a message as if you were sending a standard email. ...
In the To field, enter the 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vtext.com (e.g., [email protected]). ...

Send the message.

Therefore if I input my [email protected] address in the “email address for notification field” I should get the notification by text, perfect!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how other reefers would feel about this so feel free to comment if you'd like.

I was signing up for an "in stock" notification earlier and was thinking that I would really like to have an option for SMS/ Text message notification instead of email. I can only check emails every so often while at home or work, and a text message with "BRS item in stock--> link" would be much easier and faster to handle. I feel like someone has probably thought of this already at BRS but thought Id throw it out there in case it had not.

I really like the idea! I'm sure someone on the tech team has thought of this already, but I'll suggest it to them just in case :) I know they're hard at work on some behind the scene website updates, so I can't promise when we'll be able to implement something like this. That said, it sounds as though @Babboney has found a pretty good work around in the meantime! I must be getting old too...I didn't know you could do that either ;Hilarious

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back