In what order should I add these fish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HP Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HP Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Messages
53
Reaction score
39
Location
Northridge
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and a happy Saturday to all.

I was wondering what order I should add the below stock list for best results:

Blackstorm Clownfish -2

Blue-Green Chromis -7

Blue throat trigger

Spanish hogfish

Foxface

Emperor Angelfish

Bicolor goatfish

Thank you all and LETS GO FOWLR!!!!!
 
How big is the tank?

I'd suggest this order:
Chromis
Clownfish
Foxface
Goatfish
Trigger
Hogfish
Angelfish

For the last 3 I'd suggest putting them into an acclimation box for a few days or up to a week before fully introducing them into the tank.
 
How big is the tank?

I'd suggest this order:
Chromis
Clownfish
Foxface
Goatfish
Trigger
Hogfish
Angelfish

For the last 3 I'd suggest putting them into an acclimation box for a few days or up to a week before fully introducing them into the tank.
It’s a 171 gallon tank.

Do you recommend putting any of those fish in at the same time? How far apart?

Thank you!
 
What sort of aquascape are we working with here? If plenty/ample, I don't think I'd worry at all about adding the chromis, clowns, and foxface all at the same time... Possibly even the goatfish actually.

Those last three are the more aggressive and need extra attention. I'd probably space those three out, with the Emporer last.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new