Increasing alkalinity?

Dinodanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My salt choice is tropic Marin pro which has a alkalinity of 7-8 but my alkalinity is increasing currently to 11.6 from 8 about .6 a week my doser is turned off an im dosing nothing only feeding the fish I have 3 pieces of sps an most coral are lps and soft coral I don’t understand how my alkalinity is increasing seemingly on its own can anyone suggest a reason I’ve seen previous posts and the answers can’t be the reason why, one suspicious event is multiple bacterial blooms which happen very often which I kill off with a uv. Very confused lol

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than previously dosing alkalinity, are you supplementing with anything else? It could also just be an off test, so if you have a LFS that you can do an independent water sample that might be a good start. Whenever I get an odd test result I always run a few more tests and usually get the wife to run one independently just to rule out something I'm doing (wrong).

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back