Increasing growth rates

you mean, flow is directly tied to growth?

I agree, zoas handle high flow better than any other type of coral in my tank. I've got a huge colony right in the line of fire of a MJ-mod and they take the beating like its nothing. The montis and acros in the same vicinity are getting their tissue blown off.
 
My tentacles on my zoas get real long and curl up like pigs tails under high flow. Really looks cool.
 
Feeding only helps the palys grow. My zoo's don't really eat anything and they are all over the place. Oh and leave them alone. The ones that i just let it be and forget about grow a lot faster than the ones i'm always paying attention to and moving around.
 
Feeding only helps the palys grow. My zoo's don't really eat anything and they are all over the place. Oh and leave them alone. The ones that i just let it be and forget about grow a lot faster than the ones i'm always paying attention to and moving around.

I totally agree. I feed my tank 5-50 m food for my sps and sometimes direct feed 1-500 for the lps. I figure the zoas can eat out of the water column just fine.
 
Feeding only helps the palys grow. My zoo's don't really eat anything and they are all over the place. Oh and leave them alone. The ones that i just let it be and forget about grow a lot faster than the ones i'm always paying attention to and moving around.

I totally agree. I feed my tank 5-50 m food for my sps and sometimes direct feed 1-500 for the lps. I figure the zoas can eat out of the water column just fine. I have frags that have fallen behind my rockwork that i cant get to only to find out a couple months later they have quadrupled in size and re-emerge from the depths.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new