pistol shrimp and gobies

Has anyone had success with getting pistol shrimp and gobies to set up shop where you want them?
Are there any tricks?
If I start a hole and release the shrimp by it will that possibly work?
Never had them but I thought I would bump this for you.
 
IME, they go where they go. And wherever they set up home base don't be surprised if they surprise you one day/morning and be in a completely different part of the tank.
 
I’ve had a pistol shrimp/goby pair for a few years. They've stayed exactly where I put them. I put them in a glass beaker together, cover the beaker with my hand, flipped it upside down in the tank, put them where I hoped they would stay, and kept them under there until the shrimp started digging.
 
Have various pair throughout the years. Current have 2 pairs, one in a 10g and one in a 40g breeder. There isnt much room in the 10g so this pair stays put. The 40g breeder, once they found their spot, they also been there (over a year now). So IME, its 50:50 depending on how big your tank is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new