Increasing lighting Kessil AP9X

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kiiyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kiiyo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
262
Reaction score
137
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just curious if anyone could offer advice. I'm trying to increase coverage in my tank and I'm wondering what would be a better option.

Currently running 1 AP9X and I'm thinking of getting another. I'm also considering getting an ai blade or 2 OR3s. I do think that some sort of bar would work best for coverage but I'm concerned about mounting options as I'd prefer to not hang from the ceiling.

Recently got into acros and I've began to notice the lack of full coverage with a single kessil on the tank.

20250520_081957.jpg 20250520_082006.jpg
 
I really like Kessils. I have 3 A360s and 2 Ap9xs on a 6 ft tank, and I didn't get the coverage I wanted until I added strip lights. I think your money would be better spent on strip lights. I would consider the reefbrite hybrid kit. Reefbrite specifically says that you can use 2 kessil mounting arms with the AP9X with their hybrid. This would keep you from suspending the unit from the ceiling. I have a link to the reefbrite article on using the Kessil mounts below.

https://reefbrite.com/wordpress/product/x-series-dual/
https://www.marineandreef.com/Reef_Brite_24_X_Series_Dual_Strip_LED_Hybrid_Kit_p/rrb01532.htm
 
if you want actors i would add strips to the kessils. I had 2 a360’s over a 3 foot tank and i was getting much less par than i wanted. Quanta is the way to go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new