Indo green hammer help!!

adespain81

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2024
Messages
57
Reaction score
34
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have had this indo green branching hammer for 2 months and it hasn't grown at all. Water parameters are stable and I change water routinely. I feed reef roids every few days. I have power heads on both sides flowing random. Any ideas of what I can do to get it to grow? Any help is appreciated.

20240927_164632.jpg 20240927_164628.jpg 20240927_164626.jpg 20240927_164623.jpg 20240927_164621.jpg 20240927_164618.jpg
 
Expecting growth in only 2 months is pretty ambitious, it might still just be acclimating to your tank.

What kind of light do you have and what intensity?
 
Ah ok. I wasn't aware that it can take time. I thought it would grow quickly. I have stock bio cube lighting. About 150 par where it is located now. Does it look healthy and ok?
 
Ah ok. I wasn't aware that it can take time. I thought it would grow quickly. I have stock bio cube lighting. About 150 par where it is located now. Does it look healthy and ok?
Yes it looks fine to me. Have you fed it? Feed it some mysis or even pellets, and soon you should see little polyp babies growing from the stalk. Spot feeding corals generally gives them more energy to propagate faster.
 
Yes it looks fine to me. Have you fed it? Feed it some mysis or even pellets, and soon you should see little polyp babies growing from the stalk. Spot feeding corals generally gives them more energy to propagate faster.
I spot feed reef roids with a turkey baster.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new