OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your kalk demand is tiny, you are gonna wear that head out super fast. Those kinds of heads and motors are usually only good for maybe 100 gallons of dosing. With something like kalk, where 1 gallon a day is pretty common, this ain't lasting long.

Its for my coral QT, I am not trusting this thing on my main display and do not intend to use it for more than few years.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your kalk demand is tiny, you are gonna wear that head out super fast. Those kinds of heads and motors are usually only good for maybe 100 gallons of dosing. With something like kalk, where 1 gallon a day is pretty common, this ain't lasting long.
I didnt think about that, you make a really good point, What would your recommend that is 1 head doser under $100. Would bubble magus be good for this?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt think about that, you make a really good point, What would your recommend that is 1 head doser under $100. Would bubble magus be good for this?
No. Bubble magus has the same problem. You need a high volume pump like the versa, DOS, or the more expensive Kamoer with the large head if you need something standalone. If you have an aquarium controller already, you can also do something like the BRS 50ml/min, or a third option is to adjust dosing based on how much you saturate the kalk and run it through your ATO and avoid a dosing pump altogether.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.... kamoer x1 pro? The "head" should last longer and it can dose up to 5liters a day where the non pro will only dose up to 1liter a day. And the pro is 98$ so under $100 excluding tax that is.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.... kamoer x1 pro? The "head" should last longer and it can dose up to 5liters a day where the non pro will only dose up to 1liter a day. And the pro is 98$ so under $100 excluding tax that is.
Looks like a good pump but the wifi app has some questionable reviews, Which I already hate the GHL app that I use a manual timer to adjust my dosing on a GHL doser. which is ridiculous

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good pump but the wifi app has some questionable reviews, Which I already hate the GHL app that I use a manual timer to adjust my dosing on a GHL doser. which is ridiculous
Yes I agree almost any wifi app on reef equipment is terrible. I do my best to stick with Bluetooth.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw these on Johnlen dosing pumps on reefbuilder video last year but now they seem to be discontinued. Would have been ideal pump for me considering at the time it was like $50 and the red indicator of how often and how much dosing was scheduled would have been ideal for a quick glance, just like my temperature is bright red, id like to see bright red on my dosing pump.
41x7lYWPiVL.jpg

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
China manufacturing is top notch -bc their human rights stinks and force ppl into working harder for lower pay. However, Just like US, their is cheaply made stuff and higher quality made stuff.
Hmmmm with some things yes however so I recently purchased a Chinese rip off d-d ato and it was absolutely useless returned to Amazon and bought a tunze manufactured in Germany day and night difference in quality

had the same with lights buy cheap buy twice

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering scratching the Kalk thing and just dose Two part as primary and maybe use some Kalk in ATO container. Save the Kalk for my display tank! I just thought Kalk dosing would simplify running a QT but it seems to be more hassle.

caddnima_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a jebao 3 head doser. It was around $60+tax. I figured one head for kalk and just incase I need to dose 2 part could have the additional dosing heads. Seems simple like I like and good for a coral QT

20220711_155029.jpg
I also use this and recently bought another one for $20 from another reefer. Works great. So far so good... 4 years using it

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i decided (after reading some your suggestions), to return the jebao dosing pump.
I ordered a Versa pump and will be using this to dose Kalk in my QT.

Yeah its expensive but its $130 difference and the amount of volume of H2O I maybe dosing per day, it just didnt seem right to take this kind of risk on my QT when I have currently over $1000 of frags in the QT. Plus, do to lack of flow in my QT sump, I wanted something strong enough to dose to my QT tank directly and it will be much easier to maintain one large Kalk container than 2.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back