INFINIA Reef 150.4

Extract1ng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, thought I would post my aquarium build that I have in the works and get your guys opinions on it before I pull the trigger.

Display Tank:

INFINIA Reef 150.4
  • Lighting: HYDRA 32HD & HMS (2)
  • Return Pump: Sicce SDC 7.0
  • Auto Top-Off: XP Aqua Duetto2
  • Accessories: Refractometer
  • Protein Skimmer 1: Quantum 120
  • Mesh Aquarium Lid 1: Mesh Lids
1695958946895.png

QT: I plan on building a quarantine from a 40g breeder, but would like any advice on the best way to go about this.

Stock:
A tang gang is my goal to achieve in this tank.

- Powder Blue Tang
- Powder Brown Tang
- Scopas Tang
- Yellow Tang
- If I ever feel like spending more money a Black Longnose Tang.

Corals:
SPS heavy, especially Acropora tenuis.

What do you think about the waterbox reef tanks?

Last edited:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Infinia tanks are just gorgeous! They were sold out in the UK when I was ready to pull the trigger so I went with a Cade in stead! Have you seen them? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Equipment is always subjective- some prefer some and some prefer other! Looks all good, you'll do just fine!

I am unsure whether keeping 4-5 tangs in a 4-foot tank like this is a good idea though! I have two in mine- i wish they had more room!

Thanks for bringing us along, can't wait to see it wet! :)

OP
OP
Extract1ng

Extract1ng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Infinia tanks are just gorgeous! They were sold out in the UK when I was ready to pull the trigger so I went with a Cade in stead! Have you seen them? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Equipment is always subjective- some prefer some and some prefer other! Looks all good, you'll do just fine!

I am unsure whether keeping 4-5 tangs in a 4-foot tank like this is a good idea though! I have two in mine- i wish they had more room!

Thanks for bringing us along, can't wait to see it wet! :)
Thank you! The Cade is beautiful as well. They seem to have some pretty good cable management from what I can see.

I was thinking that about the tangs as well, I do plan on getting them as small as I can, but we'll see maybe a 6ft'er is the right choice for my dream tang gang.

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 150.4. It is great. The Sicce 9.0 I have is great, but a little strong (I have it on 25%), so the 7.0 should do. I also got a hydros waveengine with 2 Reef Octopus 4s. Probably need to supplement, not for overall power but for coverage.

The sump is great but I put the ato tank in an adjacent cabinet to provide some room for controllers. Using tunze osmolator for topoff. Reef Octopus Regal150 skimmer.

I use an Orphek Atlantic Icon, which is almost too much for my mixed reef even at the edges at the bottom. I am growing LPS at <50%.

Too small IMO for any tang but bristletooth. I have a one spot foxface that is great but not the best algae eater.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back