Inflated Leptoseris Flesh

SinisterKestrel

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
38
Location
Wilmington
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0


Got a weird one, leptoseris (or maybe pavona, it came unlabeled from the vendor) in a frag tank at work forming an inflated growth. Not seen this in an sps before, I've seen lots of examples of "bounced" corals in softies and lps. I wouldn't consider this one of them as it seems to be made of multiple individual polyps connected by the coenosarc. Anyone ever seen this before, any idea what would trigger this.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new