Info for anyone making DIY rock!!!

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using a product called "Quikwall" its made by quikrete. This stuff does not require a ph "kure" it is formulated for potable water holding facilities and such. I will post some pics of my diy rock background and frag plugs. You still use the crushed oyster shell or whatever you choose to use and still have to cure it so it hardens and then after a couple days when it has reached fairly decent strength just give it a good soak for a few min or hours and rinse to get all the loose stuff out and its ready to go!! The only negative part of the quikwall is it contains small strands of fiberglass in the mix, but it can be removed without changing products performance.

Disclaimer: I will not be responsible for anyones actions but mine! Please double check your ph levels of the product before installing in your tank:) Good Luck and Happy Reefing!!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats interesting. I might be worried about fiberglass, that can really irritate coral tissues.

OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youd have to see the mix.. I used it to build my backround which is covering nicely with coraline and also have several acros and montis that are starting to encrust to it. All my frags are encrusted to my plugs...the fiberglass is in thick enough pieces that you can remove without any problem.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back