• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Initially disappointed with @LiveAquaria w/latest order

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my THIRD anemone from you all just last light, it was a quadricolor from Divers Den and I hope it makes it here safe!

My first purchase, a purple LTA, died during shipping. :( You guys were all awesome and gave me credit.

My second purchase was a quadricolor from Divers Den that never was shipped because it was injured trying to remove from his container. Again, full refund but still very disappointing. :(

Last night was the third and I hope its a charm! My two little tomato clowns really need a buddy!
;Nailbiting

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my THIRD anemone from you all just last light, it was a quadricolor from Divers Den and I hope it makes it here safe!

My first purchase, a purple LTA, died during shipping. :( You guys were all awesome and gave me credit.

My second purchase was a quadricolor from Divers Den that never was shipped because it was injured trying to remove from his container. Again, full refund but still very disappointing. :(

Last night was the third and I hope its a charm! My two little tomato clowns really need a buddy!
;Nailbiting
Thank you for your order! Please update us when your anemone arrives. Have a good weekend!

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. You're 0/2 with them, maybe wait to see how the third attempt works out before an appreciation thread.
LOL! To be fair though, sometimes animals traveling 4000 miles to our homes - just don't survive the journey. :(
I think it's something every aquarist needs to weigh, especially when purchasing none captive bred specimens - and sometimes, even those!

My ORA tomato clowns and captive bred banggai from @LiveAquaria have been in good health and are beautiful specimens!

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Anemone in from @LiveAquaria today.

I honestly thought someone was playing a cruel joke on me because I couldn't see anything in the bag. Lo and behold, I believe this is the world's smallest BTA.

20200519_104825.jpg

On Divers Den it said 2 across with 1 inch foot.

This guy is the size of my pinky nail, I've never seen them shrink like this.

Also, this nem was shipped with an icepack and the water was cold. Is that common practice? Never seen it before.

15899036077964817618727568022906.jpg

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy looks rough already, I hope he makes it. The water in the bag was colder than my tap, at most very low 70s.

I'm really getting tired of eating shipping charges and specimens dying. :(

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This shipped from Wisconsin and I'm near Chicago. High of 63 today.

Honestly, I'm very disappointed so far in this order and I've never said that.

*Edited* To say that if this guy passes, I don't think it's fair if I have to eat shipping charges when they shipped with an ice pack and the water was cold. Especially when they're a state away and our forecasts are similar or easy to find.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiveAquaria and my area temps are very similar this week, I really have no clue why this anemone shipped with an icepack.

I almost got mad at my kids for thinking they left the box outside because the water was so dang cold.

Well, it wasn't anything we did. :(

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a green speckled BTA from Divers Den last Thursday. Was stated as 2 inch disc and 1 inch foot.

This arrived today, the size of my pinky nail and in ice cold water.

20200519_104825.jpg

20200519_122043.jpg

I live near Chicago which is a state away from @LiveAquaria. Their forecast was nearly the same as mine. Mine was 63 degrees today so with an ice pack I'm guessing this poor animal froze to death. He's sitting in my tank right now, mouth open, not sticking to anything.

If I have to eat this shipping cost, im not sure I'll be shopping with @LiveAquaria for some time and that makes me sad. :(

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in the tank for 2 hours, still not attaching to anything and still barfing up
zooxanthellae.

20200519_132747.jpg

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have my flow reduced to 15% on my gyres and light reduced 30%.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15899137880588084308740934966740.jpg

Just waiting for this thing to die to I can eat $40 in shipping.....

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looked beautiful in the picture on Divers Den but it's so much smaller than I thought and the fact that it shipped screwed up.

I'm a hard person to disappoint, especially now when I know how hard everything is with the COVID situation. I know most people running a business right now are having hard times.

Chicago is expensive and I've wasted near $100 in shipping my last two orders for anemones at @LiveAquaria.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez, really sorry to see this. Called it. But this sucks.

If you can't work it out with them shoot me a PM. I'm about ready to pull a really nice larger rainbow BTA out of my tank.

If it perishes and @LiveAquaria does the right thing and refunds me shipping, I'll let them try and correct the mistake - it's the right thing to do on my end. I'm going to try and save it because it's an amazing creature that deserves to live, but I can only do so much in the condition I received it.

If they decide to not refund my shipping, I'll be looking elsewhere and you'll be the first person I contact.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, @LiveAquaria, any reason this anemone shipped with an ice pack from Wisconsin to Chicago?
@MoreReefPlease We are very sorry to hear of the cold water conditions and your concerns with the anemone. We will be sending you a PM to gather a few more details--we definitely want to extend the warranty to allow for a longer guarantee. We apologize, for the ice pack in your order. This time of the year can be difficult to evaluate and make error-free decisions. Rest assured, weather maps are checked every day to aid us with proper packing materials. We will strive to always improve. Thank you for the feedback. Keep us informed and be well!

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MoreReefPlease We are very sorry to hear of the cold water conditions and your concerns with the anemone. We will be sending you a PM to gather a few more details--we definitely want to extend the warranty to allow for a longer guarantee. We apologize, for the ice pack in your order. This time of the year can be difficult to evaluate and make error-free decisions. Rest assured, weather maps are checked every day to aid us with proper packing materials. We will strive to always improve. Thank you for the feedback. Keep us informed and be well!

@LiveAquaria, I appreciate the response! I'm hoping the little guy makes it, I wasn't very happy about the ice pack and the ice cold water, lol. I know you guys don't intentionally make mistakes or do something you don't think is the specimens best interest.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to add - without going into specifics - that @LiveAquaria did the right thing and really earned my respect as a business today. They didn't have to do what they did but their customer service went above and beyond.

They will still have my business in the future. Nothing and nobody is perfect and over the years of spending my hard earned cash with @LiveAquaria they've always treated me right.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to add - without going into specifics - that @LiveAquaria did the right thing and really earned my respect as a business today. They didn't have to do what they did but their customer service went above and beyond.

They will still have my business in the future. Nothing and nobody is perfect and over the years of spending my hard earned cash with @LiveAquaria they've always treated me right.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update as of 6:30 CST, he still hasn't inflated. He's not sticking to anything either. Some substance coming his mouth still ( I assume zoo ).

15899311325661375865415536438259.jpg

My RFA on the right. BTA on the left.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back