Injured Scoly

chinchalice

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2014
Messages
110
Reaction score
3
Location
Bay Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the quickest way to heal a scoly that was sideways in the sand for a few days. I am away and a buddy of mine noticed it when he walked by and moved it out of the sand. Any suggestions to start the healing process would be much appreciated. Bellow is the Scoly. It isn't a big piece that is injured but I want to heal it!!

Thanks!!

IMG_01051.jpg
 
Dose vitamin c I have seen good results in a lobo and branching hammer that had skeleton exposed. It also Acts as a carbon source to lower NO3 and PO4.
 
Heavy spot feedings is the fastest way for scoly tissue to come back IME.
 
I've healed them from worse conditions simply by feeding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new