Injury or illness

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigDom75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigDom75

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
McKinney
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

This is a new Kole Tang. I have had him about a week. I dont think this is Ich, but is this a different type of fungul or bacterial issue or just an injury? The fish is still behaving normally and eating well, but I have not been able to catch him to move him to QT. Any ideas on how to catch a fish in a large tank would also be appreciated.

20260515_155347.jpg 20260515_155346.jpg 20260515_155334.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20260515_155305.mp4
    26.1 MB
Pics are too far away to see much, and I can't view your Video. What other Tankmates do you have with him and was he QT'd?
 
Hi Everyone,

This is a new Kole Tang. I have had him about a week. I dont think this is Ich, but is this a different type of fungul or bacterial issue or just an injury? The fish is still behaving normally and eating well, but I have not been able to catch him to move him to QT. Any ideas on how to catch a fish in a large tank would also be appreciated.

20260515_155347.jpg 20260515_155346.jpg 20260515_155334.jpg
These are either scratches or bite marks. Please post closer pics using no blue lighting but rather bright white light intensity to clearly see fish
 
Hi Everyone,

This is a new Kole Tang. I have had him about a week. I dont think this is Ich, but is this a different type of fungul or bacterial issue or just an injury? The fish is still behaving normally and eating well, but I have not been able to catch him to move him to QT. Any ideas on how to catch a fish in a large tank would also be appreciated.

20260515_155347.jpg 20260515_155346.jpg 20260515_155334.jpg

In the video - it looks like a scrape injury. Is it growing larger? If so, it may be a secondary bacterial infection. If it isn't growing larger, it will likely heal on its own.
 
Its only been 2 days, but not larger yet. Thank you for all the feedback, I will keep monitoring and will post updates.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new