Ink Bird Compatibility with Hygger

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the Ink Bird’s ITC-306a work with hygger heaters. I have the Hygger pinpoint with the digital thermostat temp controller. I'm looking to get another and I was wondering if I still need to use the Hygger controllers and then plug in to the ink bird or remove the controllers from the Hygger heaters.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do it either way, really.

When I run controllers with heaters that have a thermostat, I always set the heater controller to what I want the temp (i.e. 77), then I set the heaters' thermostat a few degrees higher (i.e. 80). That way the controller is doing the work turning the heaters on and off, but if the controller fails (sticks on), the heaters' thermostat will act as a safety shutoff.

But, you can also just use plain heating elements with a controller. You won't have that extra layer of redundancy, but with today's controllers, I'm not sure you need it.

OP
OP
Ian Baxter

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do it either way, really.

When I run controllers with heaters that have a thermostat, I always set the heater controller to what I want the temp (i.e. 77), then I set the heaters' thermostat a few degrees higher (i.e. 80). That way the controller is doing the work turning the heaters on and off, but if the controller fails (sticks on), the heaters' thermostat will act as a safety shutoff.

But, you can also just use plain heating elements with a controller. You won't have that extra layer of redundancy, but with today's controllers, I'm not sure you need it.
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back