inkbird 306A

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be accurate to state that if I connect my two temp controlled eheim 150w heaters to the two outlets of the inkbird and set high temp to 80F and low temp to 50F while the eheims are set to 78F that they will operate is they currently do but the inkbird will cut power if the tank temp goes above 80? I'm thinking of just using the inkbird as a safety measure.

What does the low temp setting do? I'm trying to figure out a use for it and how it all connect to the alarm temps. Why would I set it at say 75F instead of 50F?

Also, does setting the alarm temps do anything to actual turning on/off or is that just TS1 and TS2?

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will behave as you said but you don't want to set the low to 50 because then the inkbird will never restore power to your heaters and your tank temp will drop. Set the low to 77 and that's when the inkbird will turn the power to the heaters back on.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T1 is the low temp where the inkbird turns the heaters on, T2 is the temp where the inkbird turns the heater off. You want these temps to be a small range so that your tank temp doesn't fluctuate a lot. Since you are using the ITC-306A you can't let the inkbird be a backup to the heater. If the inkbird has the outlets turned on and doesn't meet its T2 temp within a set amount of time it will cause an error and turn the heater off (and beep and wake you up in the middle of the night IME). You can't turn off the continuous heating timer either.

Set T2 to the temp you want your tank to be, set T1 to a degree or half a degree lower, and set the heater itself to a few degrees higher than T2.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back