Inkbird 306A

Hailepo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running an Inkbird 306A with 2 Finnex 800 watt heaters for about a year now into my Waterbox 220. Probe 1 set to 77.5 and probe 2 set to 78 and it's worked well. Today I woke up and it was our first "cool" day in the house (I live in Florida so it's all relative :) ). AC is set for 73 and it was 70 in the house. About an hour after waking up I started to get an "E5" alarm from the Inkbird and the tank was at 76. I pulled the power from the unit and after a few moments plugged it back and it looked like it was working. I checked again in about an hour and the temp had dropped to 75.9. I grabbed my spare heater that I use when making salt water and put it in to get it warming, which it did. I took both the heaters out and tested them in a bucket of water and both definitely work. I went back to the Inkbird and put a light into each of the outlets but neither seem to be working and the work light is definitely on. So my thought is the Inkbird is dead. I did email Inkbird this morning but have not heard anything back from them. In the meantime I'll keep my spare heater plugged in with my APEX controlling it. Never set that up but it looks pretty straight forward.

Anyone run into this with an Inkbird before?

Thanks
Michael

DavidMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i'm having a little trouble with my 306A, too. I'm using it with a non-tstat titanium 200W heater in a bio-cube 32. I have T1 at 74.0 and T2 at 74.5. The 306A temperature reading is now 77.2. Way above T2. What am I missing? Even the Inkbird images on amazon show the display with T1 at 24.0 and T2 at 24.5 but the temperature reading at 24.8. Isn't the idea of this thing to keep the temperature with the T1/T2 range? I could see it maybe getting up to 74.8 but then it would just stop heating until it was back in range. This is almost 3 degrees off! The temperature in my house is never above 70, especially this time of year.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back