Inkbird Alert High going off randomly..

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody ever experience this? My alert high (AH) is set to 79 degrees - but now twice in the span of a week the alert high has gone off when temp is no higher than 78.5 on the inkbird. What gives @Inkbird _Official? I’ve had this thing for about a year with no issues until now.

Also seems to have some type of correlation between when I turn the pumps off for feeding.

INKBIRD_official

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anybody ever experience this? My alert high (AH) is set to 79 degrees - but now twice in the span of a week the alert high has gone off when temp is no higher than 78.5 on the inkbird. What gives @Inkbird _Official? I’ve had this thing for about a year with no issues until now.

Also seems to have some type of correlation between when I turn the pumps off for feeding.
Is it possible caused by temperature fluctuations?
The temperature used to reach 79 degrees once and become stable at 78.5, so triggers the AH.
Check the temp chart on the App, would there show something?

Our support also received your e-mail, she will take care of this.
Hope everything will go well, thank you for tagging me here!

OP
OP
JayFish4004

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible caused by temperature fluctuations?
The temperature used to reach 79 degrees once and become stable at 78.5, so triggers the AH.
Check the temp chart on the App, would there show something?

Our support also received your e-mail, she will take care of this.
Hope everything will go well, thank you for tagging me here!
I have the ITC 308S so I don’t believe there’s an app. My assumption is similar to @gbroadbridge in that it seems like a probe issue. The temp holds super stable so I don’t think there’s an actual fluctuation going on, definitely feels component related.

I ordered the 308 with WiFi today - hoping maybe this new version has a probe that is better able to withstand being in saltwater?

reefer_evo5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the ITC 308S so I don’t believe there’s an app. My assumption is similar to @gbroadbridge in that it seems like a probe issue. The temp holds super stable so I don’t think there’s an actual fluctuation going on, definitely feels component related.

I ordered the 308 with WiFi today - hoping maybe this new version has a probe that is better able to withstand being in saltwater?
I have the 308 wifi version on my 20g tank its been running for about 12 months now it works welll the probe is a rubber probe tho not the metal one that most pictures on amazon show and it works wwll with keeping my temprature stable plus its super easy to set up with the app and to see the temp on my phone is cool to

OP
OP
JayFish4004

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 308 wifi version on my 20g tank its been running for about 12 months now it works welll the probe is a rubber probe tho not the metal one that most pictures on amazon show and it works wwll with keeping my temprature stable plus its super easy to set up with the app and to see the temp on my phone is cool to
Good to know! The 308s is rubber too but it was released in 2019 and the wifi version released 2021 - hoping some gaps were filled between those release cycles

OP
OP
JayFish4004

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know! The 308s is rubber too but it was released in 2019 and the wifi version released 2021 - hoping some gaps were filled between those release cycles
Want to also add to this - could not recommend these Inkbirds more - they should be every reefer’s first purchase if they don’t want to crash their tanks.

Mine made it a year and would probably have made it many more - but I get super sketched out thinking about how I would instruct my cat sitter to pull the right plug to reset the alarm when Im not in town. Otherwise a very minor inconvenience at best.

if resetting the alarm didn’t require a full power reset it’d be even less of an issue. Thats my one and only knock on the 308s really.

Life hack advice - buy a second one for your mixing bucket when you’re getting your bucket up to temp. Alarm alerts you when its ready - no more constant back and forth checking it, no more accidentally going way over/under letting it sit too long. Huge time saver that is well worth the money.

Last edited:

epicfatigue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue, happens every hour or so i see the temp jump 2-3d C for a moment then return to normal.Its been rock solid for months and has just started to happen the last week

epgiles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to also add to this - could not recommend these Inkbirds more - they should be every reefer’s first purchase if they don’t want to crash their tanks.

Mine made it a year and would probably have made it many more - but I get super sketched out thinking about how I would instruct my cat sitter to pull the right plug to reset the alarm when Im not in town. Otherwise a very minor inconvenience at best.

if resetting the alarm didn’t require a full power reset it’d be even less of an issue. Thats my one and only knock on the 308s really.

Life hack advice - buy a second one for your mixing bucket when you’re getting your bucket up to temp. Alarm alerts you when its ready - no more constant back and forth checking it, no more accidentally going way over/under letting it sit too long. Huge time saver that is well worth the money.
How does one reset the alarm? I have the 308 attached to my cold plunge and for some reason have been getting alerts that my actual temp is 90 and climbing (currently it says the actual temp is 125!!) when the water is clearly still in the low 40s where I have it set.

misfitss138

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the ITC-308-wifi connected for about 3 months. It has been working perfectly, holding temp very stable up until the last 2 week. Now it has started randomly throwing a high temp alarm. I have checked and there are no fluctuations in temp. It just seems to start this out of the blue. When it first started I could unplug it and plug it back in and it would work fine for a couple days. Now it will throw the high temp alarm 20-30 minutes after unplugging/plugging it back in. Is there anything that I can do or am I just SOL and have to buy a new one? @INKBIRD_official

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back