InkBird Controller Accuracy

Ppoulin99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my InkBird controller for over a year now and it has always been accurate and I am very happy with it. But yesterday when I was measuring salinity with a Tropic Marine High Precision Hydrometer I noticed my salinity weirdly was lower and that my tank water was hot (My Assumption is the heat is lowering the specific gravity). So I checked with a digital cooking thermometer and it read 82, which is 4 degrees higher than my InkBird currently.
Question 1, would I be able to trust the reading of a digital oral or digital cooking thermometer to check the accuracy of the inkbird?
Question 2, There is some coralline algae on the InkBird temperature probe (about 3/4th of the probe), could this have affected the accuracy of the calibration?

Thanks and Happy Reefing!
 
a digital cooking probe is usually pretty accurate (I would say +/- 2 degree)....I would clean the probe......or just buy a new one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new