Inkbird ITC 308S issue

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inkbird themselves can’t seem to help me on this one. They tell me my settings are at fault.

Now, I am actually using it on a freshwater tank (I use a different brand on my reef tank) but as lots of people use them I figure this is the best place to get help.

The issue I have is that the Inkbird will randomly power the cooler circuit which then turns my fan on for about 1 second. The other night I was awoken to the alarm going off as well. With both of these issues the trigger points haven’t been met. I’ve tried changing the point at which the heater and cooler are triggered from 0.3C all the way up to 1C difference and changed the alarm trigger to 3C above and below the set temperature. Inkbird have told me that the controller cannot cope with with the low temperature difference and tell me to change it to a whole 3C difference before the heater or fan come on which seems very unrealistic when it’s in use on an aquarium.

I‘ve got the plastic probe well away from the heater in an area of good flow. Unless I’m missing something obvious here I think I need to return it for a refund and buy a different controller as I’m not sure I can even trust it.

Any thoughts?

OP
OP
Wee Mad Arthur

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just done it again - turned the fan on. Temperature was reading 24.7C with a set temperature of 25C.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a BayIte, some price range, 100% better, for freshwater you can use the stainless probe too

OP
OP
Wee Mad Arthur

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back