Inkbird Not Standing Behind Broken Product

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2018
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
1,005
I own the ITC 308 WI-FI, and out of the blue a few days ago, it started giving wildly inaccurate readings. Like, a glass of ice water is reading 65*F.

So, I emailed Inkbird, thinking a huge company like that would have decent customer service policies. Turns out, I’m ~3 months outside the warranty window, so they won’t warranty it, and are instead advising that I buy, and rewire, a new temperature probe.

I understand not wanting to warranty something that’s possibly not your fault, but my probe just abruptly stopped working correctly.

I own 6 or 7 Inkbird products, and was just last night looking to buy their sous-vide machine, but now I’m reconsidering whether, or not, to stick with a brand that won’t stand behind their products when they fail so blatantly.

Can anyone suggest an alternative temp controller that also has Wi-Fi capability?
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new