Innovative Marine 10g

SabrinaC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2022
Messages
296
Reaction score
218
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why does the pump that comes with the IM 10G blow everything around so violently even when on the lowest setting 1.1?
I started using a different pump about a year ago that the flow wasn’t as strong, but it’s just not strong enough unfortunately.
I put the pump back on that came with the tank today. It instantly clouded the tank from the sand being kicked up, pushed some rock flowers to the back of the tank that I had just added, and made some corals close up because of how strong it’s blowing around.
Is there anything I can do to lessen the force?
 
I don't see sand being blown around, and the detritus is moving around pretty slowly in the water column, its not a strong flow. I think the flow is just stirring up detritus on rocks and sand that had previously built up with low flow. I say give it an overnight, I would bet it will be clear in the morning. Use some mechanical filtration to capture and remove all that silt and detritus.

With that said, the pump is mainly to return water to the display, IMO if you want more flow in the display that is a function for powerheads. IMO 2 sources of flow (the return plus a powerhead) is better than just one source of flow. Just my opinion, good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new