Innovative Marine 15 gallon media basket

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Does anyone know we’re I can find a media basket like this for an innovative marine 15? Don’t have a 3D printer so I can’t make one lol

IMG_5669.png

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any particular reason you're avoiding the IM Media Caddy or the InTank Version? InTank also sells something similar to what you're looking for

OP
OP
T

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any particular reason you're avoiding the IM Media Caddy or the InTank Version? InTank also sells something similar to what you're looking for
Sorry just now seeing this and never got a notification. I actually have the intank media basket for but not really a fan of it. It works for what it is but it has flaws, it’s not exactly flush with the chamber making it have vacuum gaps on the sides and front (I’ll circle is the pic). Basically anything that floats like food pellets etc will get through the gaps getting stuck in the sump area and hardly if ever get traps in the mafia basket. I do weekly water changes so I always get the water from the sump because I know food is back there

Attachments

• IMG_5732.jpeg
    IMG_5732.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5734.jpeg
    IMG_5734.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 63

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just now seeing this and never got a notification. I actually have the intank media basket for but not really a fan of it. It works for what it is but it has flaws, it’s not exactly flush with the chamber making it have vacuum gaps on the sides and front (I’ll circle is the pic). Basically anything that floats like food pellets etc will get through the gaps getting stuck in the sump area and hardly if ever get traps in the mafia basket. I do weekly water changes so I always get the water from the sump because I know food is back there
So, have you found anyone that makes a basket for the 15 that doesn't have gaps and actually works as it should?

OP
OP
T

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCM10602.1.jpg
So, have you found anyone that makes a basket for the 15 that doesn't have gaps and actually works as it should?
No I couldn’t find any baskets so I decided to just use poly filter. I took the basket out and just take a handful of it and just put it in the back chamber. I change it every few days it works good for me

IMG_8827.jpeg

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I couldn’t find any baskets so I decided to just use poly filter. I took the basket out and just take a handful of it and just put it in the back chamber. I change it every few days it works good for me

IMG_8827.jpeg
Thanks,

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back