Innovative Marine 150

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2020
Messages
69
Reaction score
18
Location
Bemidji
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I've been out of the game a bit (10 years). Things have changed. I ordered a 150G from innovative marine with the internal overflow. Im piecing everything together but so far looking at
Vectra L2 - thumbs up for battery backup
Clearwater 36" sump with scrubber
Mp40's vs reefwave 45's
Kessil a360x (2 or 3)
Mostly a mixed reef tank is my desire - I have little kids who don't care about some of the cool stuff but love to watch and learn.
Anything else equipment wise I should plan for right out of the gate or start here and let it cycle a bit. It'll be all dry rock and sand.
 
Looks like you have a majority of the necessities to get started. I would highly consider a filter roller for your sump. Not having to worry about changing/cleaning filter socks or pads has been one of the recent game changers IMO.

I have the same tank on order
 
Looks like you have a majority of the necessities to get started. I would highly consider a filter roller for your sump. Not having to worry about changing/cleaning filter socks or pads has been one of the recent game changers IMO.

I have the same tank on order
Noted. Which sump are you using? How easily can these be fitted/added to a standard sump and what are your plumbing plans so I can compare?
 
I plan on doing a DIY sump using a 40g breeder. Not sure exactly how I will set up the chambers and plumbing. Didn't want to get too far ahead of myself until I see how the drains and returns for the tank are set up. Unfortunately, tank was delivered the day before vacation so nothing going on until I return.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new