What light and equipment to go with Innovative Marine 30L EXT ?​

Skimmer . Return pump etc
Thanks in advance

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the light I’d go with T5. If you wanted to you could later add an LED strip for some pop. I have a 2 bulb T5 over an IM30 AIO and everything grows well with T5 and the shallow tank depth. I’m not running a skimmer on that tank but maybe a DC Tunze depending on the sump size. Not sure on the return. I use Vectra’s on my other tanks. For a powerhead that tank has a single Nero 5.

Last edited:

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tou could also run something like ocean revive or phantoms. For a single like I would not run a hydra because that's two disc pucks. You would still be left with about 3 in on each side getting subpar lighting. Given this is a 36in length. I have the 30L micro so I'm 12in tall by 36in. I'm starting with a single ai 16hd with intent to add a second one. The single 16hd is going to cover 24inchs so I will be left with 6inch on each side of subpar lighting. I'm okay with this because 1. I'm going to add a second light 2. I can use that area for a low light softie if I choose to. T5s are a good option like others have said due to length of coverage. I ran t5s in my last tank 2blue 2soft white. Corals were happy under it but... I want leds this time for more pop and wider spectrum.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back