OP
Mywifeisgunnakillme

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crazy live through anything ulva, macro, whatever, algae came back almost over night. Lol.

Cant beat, join em. Lol, so just removed the chaeto and letting this stuff go. Grows exponentially faster than chaeto and its anchored to the plastic in the sump, so mayhe its fine. Not really making a mess when its by itself...

20211120_161528.jpg

If it does, ill just yank it out and kill the lights to the refugium. Thought about a Santa Monica algae scrubber instead maybe, on side of sump.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crazy live through anything ulva, macro, whatever, algae came back almost over night. Lol.

Cant beat, join em. Lol, so just removed the chaeto and letting this stuff go. Grows exponentially faster than chaeto and its anchored to the plastic in the sump, so mayhe its fine. Not really making a mess when its by itself...

20211120_161528.jpg

If it does, ill just yank it out and kill the lights to the refugium. Thought about a Santa Monica algae scrubber instead maybe, on side of sump.
Whatever works, right?

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20211120_161528.jpg

I somehow got that ulva crap in my nano. I'm pretty sure you're right that it's indestructible. Nothing eats it either (at least nothing you'd put in a 10g tank). That stuff is hardcore algae. Nice you've found a way to put it to work!

OP
OP
Mywifeisgunnakillme

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I somehow got that ulva crap in my nano. I'm pretty sure you're right that it's indestructible. Nothing eats it either (at least nothing you'd put in a 10g tank). That stuff is hardcore algae. Nice you've found a way to put it to work!
It grows super quick and my nitrates are holding at around 20ppm... So, with a massive fish load, pretty good and hopefully it stays put in the refugium!

I am changing GFO once a week and testable phosphate is about 0.05 to 0.16.

This will hold me over until tangs can go in the 200... Really trying to schedule time off from work to so the 200 gallon get up an running...

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1637562374576.png

Such a nice product.. I love not being able access the app; it's really informative and makes me feel great about choosing GHL
That sucks. I’m having my own issues with app connectivity recently so I feel some your pain. Not being able to access the controller is a whole other level though. Hope it gets resolved.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fell asleep last night with the GHL app open and it was still connected this morning. Pretty much the norm… Must be something on your end :)

OP
OP
Mywifeisgunnakillme

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fell asleep last night with the GHL app open and it was still connected this morning. Pretty much the norm… Must be something on your end :)
That's what you always say... lol.. Didn't you program it? hahaha

My computer is five feet from my tank... And here i am, wifi no issues... except GHL...

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL working this morning. Even fast. LOL.
Glad to see the issues are cleared up, at least for now. It’s always maddening when things don’t work like they‘re supposed to for no discernible reason.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back