Innovative Marine 50 Gallon EXT Lagoon

Excited for you! A 50-g IM is a great tank, I’m sure. By a feeding port from BRS (I think the brand is “Neat”), and cut it into your screen top. :)
 
Flow:
20210528_220438.jpg

20210528_220451.jpg
20210528_220656.jpg

20210528_220806.jpg


20210528_221338.jpg
 
Last edited:
Excited for you! A 50-g IM is a great tank, I’m sure. By a feeding port from BRS (I think the brand is “Neat”), and cut it into your screen top. :)
A little disappointing that it did not come with a top. Looking into custom options. Any recommendations?
 
Going old school on the skimmer. No needle wheel for me, lol.

My sump is the Fiji 24 Gen 2. I have an old Lifereef SVS3-24 and old Aqua C EV 180. Which one should I run? The Aqua C could run outside the sump and the middle section could then be larger macro-algae refugium.
1622270142497.png
1622270236736.png


1622270027029.png
 
Going old school on the skimmer. No needle wheel for me, lol.

My sump is the Fiji 24 Gen 2. I have an old Lifereef SVS3-24 and old Aqua C EV 180. Which one should I run? The Aqua C could run outside the sump and the middle section could then be larger macro-algae refugium.

oh man... that brings back memories! i ran an aqua c on my first tank! :)

that thing needs a pump with a good amount of head pressure.

J.
 
Is the room really hot? I'm not sure why you would need a chiller on a 50g
Just a month or two in the summer unfortunately. . . Keeps things stable.
Hey again! Which vortechs are those? 10s or 40s?
MP 40's i went with.. maybe a little much, but can run them low and they last forever
oh man... that brings back memories! i ran an aqua c on my first tank! :)

that thing needs a pump with a good amount of head pressure.

J.

I dig old school stuff that works! What was your favorite pump?
 
Last edited:
Just got my custom lid from Clearview lids.

I think it looks super clean. I have the 100EXT and mine was like 230$ ish

well worth it
 

Attachments

  • 726C41BC-659F-470E-A372-3B81FE6934C2.jpeg
    726C41BC-659F-470E-A372-3B81FE6934C2.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 7871F471-B1B2-4231-A941-89908C8EBB8D.jpeg
    7871F471-B1B2-4231-A941-89908C8EBB8D.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 268
Just got my custom lid from Clearview lids.

I think it looks super clean. I have the 100EXT and mine was like 230$ ish

well worth it
Checking it out tonight!! Thx!

Love that clean aquascape and minimal rock! Definitely heading that way too!
 
Light:

20210530_114016.jpg


No T5's in there yet. Six bulb fixture.

Any recommendation bulb combos with the two XHO's?

Have the parts to make a hanging canopy out of black aluminum, and then can add two kessil 160's for shimmer too.
 
A little disappointing that it did not come with a top. Looking into custom options. Any recommendations?
I went for the DD Jump Guard. In addition to being much more affordable and ready to ship, I thought the black trim and black netting is the cleanest possible look with a lid. A lot of the “clear” lids have a glare due to them refracting light towards your eyes.

Running the tank with a 360x and two Reef Brites:
FADDFB00-F988-46D0-A807-41FDF547E511.jpeg


Here’s how it looks without the Reef Brites:
9B86524F-5A13-43F2-818C-7705AA94DB7C.jpeg
3D9EE0C3-DC34-44D6-8903-5452D888E120.jpeg
 
I went for the DD Jump Guard. In addition to being much more affordable and ready to ship, I thought the black trim and black netting is the cleanest possible look with a lid. A lot of the “clear” lids have a glare due to them refracting light towards your eyes.

Running the tank with a 360x and two Reef Brites:
FADDFB00-F988-46D0-A807-41FDF547E511.jpeg


Here’s how it looks without the Reef Brites:
9B86524F-5A13-43F2-818C-7705AA94DB7C.jpeg
3D9EE0C3-DC34-44D6-8903-5452D888E120.jpeg
Nice and clean!!!
 
I have the jump guard too. Its a nice kit, esp if you have a miter saw available. I did not...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new