Innovative Marine new tops

Gusto

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
151
Reaction score
61
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I purchased a new Innovative Marine 30L that was never used but it has the old style top ( with the clips) I went to Innovative Marine's website and saw they have a new DIY top with notches that overhang now my question is does anyone know if the Mesh is different from the old ones which are a thick white plastic screen. looks different on the website but I just want to make sure before I purchase it.

Thanks Gus
 
Don't know what the old lid looked like but here's a closeup of the new style:

IMG_6608b.jpg


Very similar to ClearView lids.
 
Hi RCpeterson.. thank you for taking the picture!! they look much better. Here is what the old one looks like..
IMG_20190715_211047.jpg
IMG_20190715_211057.jpg
 
Yes the old version seems to block some light..
 
I bought my 30L just a few months ago (February) and mine came with the new updated version. Much better than the original top. I would call them if I were you and ask for a replacement?
 
Thank you Jadams.. I will give that a try.
 
I had an acrylic lid made for my IM nuvo 10 by tap plastics. It has a hole in the center to let light through. I just use the included clips, and it doesn’t look that bad
 
I had an acrylic lid made for my IM nuvo 10 by tap plastics. It has a hole in the center to let light through. I just use the included clips, and it doesn’t look that bad
I'll look into that do you have pictures?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new