Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 10g... HELP!

scottanny18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am a total noob and clearly need some help here to get on my feet. I have done some research over the past few months and really got cold feet when I saw how expensive taking the "splash" into keeping a reef tank would be. I found what I thought to be a reasonable deal on FB marketplace, for $170 it included a 10g IM tank and stand, IM Skkye 18W LED Light, ecoxotic one touch controller (??), and what looks like the stock return pump, media basket, 25W thermometer, another pump of some type that I have no idea what it is, and a bunch of chemicals etc, basically I think it is everything I need to get started besides the sand, water/salt mix, and live rock.

My biggest questions is what is a controller and what all is coming out of it? There seems to be some sensor connected to it that is a small dime sized dome shape (no idea what it is). I can't tell if I need all of this or just need to buy a new light system and start over, there are no instructions for this online that I can find. The lights came with a remote, however I need to get a new battery because it does't respond. When I plug the lights in they do turn on but in terms of settings I am lost. What is the benefit to using the controller? Also what are some other must have equipment items I should consider? For the more experienced folks with a tank this size what items would you keep and what would you recommend I purchase to at least get a decent FOWLR set up going? I am planning to start cycling with what came with it but want to upgrade over time! Any input would be greatly appreciated!! See some photos of the equipment below!

Best,
Scott

63484092327__6385BEFA-CE7A-4E0F-97EC-7673FD7C5726.jpeg 63484098866__B8413F50-D28B-4FED-B1E8-A5788B8EF015.jpeg 63484101573__86E9311D-0D08-4762-ABE3-1DCFA4AD570F.jpeg 63484105869__5AF5A0F8-AF08-47C6-969A-DB78442B7EF0.jpeg

OP
OP
S

scottanny18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In less time than it took to type your post you could have googled ecoxotic controller and found out it's for controlling the light. That's what I did.
Haha unfortunately I'm such a noob that I still don't know what it does. What is the difference between the controller and just plugging it in? It also looks like it has an infrared sensor, I am guessing that is for the remote.

OP
OP
S

scottanny18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The remote Is a light controller (can do sunrise sunset ramp up ramp down) and a controller like a apex can control module u put on it
So just to explain like I'm five.... the remote talks to the controller which controls the settings of the light? So it seems I can't set any parameters up in terms of intensity of the light it is all programmed into the settings in the remote?

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you can use the controller or the remote. In other words the remote tells the lights what to do and so does the controller-you can use one or the other to tell the lights what to do, but not both at the same time.

OP
OP
S

scottanny18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller doesn't have any buttons or inputs so I think the controller is "controlled" by the remote. This thing is too complicated for me any way so I am going to look into getting a new light. Thanks though!

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After another simple google search you are correct, the controller makes it so you can run a ramp up/down and moolight on your light. The remote controls the controller. Can you ask the person who you bought it from how to program it?

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back