Equipment:
Innovative Marine SR80/ white stand
3 AI Prime HD
Eshopps PSK - 100H Skimmer
Dual Sicce 2.0 Return Pumps
Smart Micro ATO (5g)
Aqueon Pro 300w Heater
Dual InTank Filter Floss Holder
Dual Jeabo battery back up ( For wavemakers)
Dual Jeabo PP8 wave makers
APC battery back up (return pumps)
Ink bird temp controller

IMG_20190223_005011901.jpg

IMG_20190223_005000715.jpg

IMG_20190224_164926429.jpg

IMG_20190224_164833932.jpg

IMG_20190304_230035365.jpg

IMG_20190305_114709394.jpg

IMG_20190305_232746996.jpg

IMG_20190309_143842057.jpg

IMG_20190320_170735_920.jpg

OP
OP
Ej Chavex

Ej Chavex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update I've added the two aquamaxx FR-M media reactors that I picked up for less then $50.00 locally. I'm running GFO and Carbon to help with any issue I might have till I can get the fuge up and running. I do like the aquamaxx reactors the slide right into the back sump area out of sight, easy get going and adjustable pump.

Screenshot_20190228-030106.png

OP
OP
Ej Chavex

Ej Chavex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**Update**
Began to get some Cyano on my sand bed and as most know it just means I need more flow. So received another package from Amazon today twin jeabo DCP 3500's (925 gph each) man I'm a happy camper. It truth the upgrade needed to take place the stock pumps are only 476 gph each. You split that between two nozzles and I was barely making the miniumm requirement of gph for the new RFG nozzles from @Vivid Creative Aquatics. So had to step my game up and I'm non at almost double the overall gph. Let see what the out come is in a week..

IMG_20190423_112930684.jpg

IMG_20190423_112933949.jpg

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a question for @Vivid Creative Aquatics does the use of wave makers in the tank reduce the effectiveness of the RFG nozzles? My hope is to hopefully be able to remove the wave makers completely from the display.
Nope - the use of the wave makers will not effect the randomness of the RFG nozzles. With that said, the only issue you may encounter with RFGs and Wave makers is the water level above the nozzle. If your wave makers are set to create a standing wave in your aquarium, then the water level over the nozzle may vary up and down. On the down swing, the nozzle may becomes too close to the water surface and possible draw in some air.

As far as eliminating wavemakers and going with just the RFG nozzles, - this is certainly possible but there are a number of factors you 'll need to consider such the amount of flow you can provide to the nozzles and the rock work placement in relationship to the RFG placement and the type of livestock you want to keep. for and an SPS dominant tank you will likely still need at least one wave maker.

Given the pumps you are upgrading to, you should have plenty of throughput to give it a go. ;-)

OP
OP
Ej Chavex

Ej Chavex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated**
Well since adding the RFG nozzles from @Vivid Creative Aquatics and upgrading the two return pumps I'm officially Cyano free!!!. Truly blown away by how well these nozzles create random flow my coral are loving it. I've even been able to move the wavemakers out of my display completely. Of course some will say it was the sand sifting Sea Stars (2), the bolstering of the cuc, the addition of two diamond goby's, and a pistol and watchman pair that I rescued from my son's 8g Pico tank crash. But truly as many in the hobby know their is no one true magic fix in this hobby. It's a combination of learning, and good tools. The RFG nozzles are another execllent tool for reefers to help keep a small slice of natures beauty in our homes.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated**
Well since adding the RFG nozzles from @Vivid Creative Aquatics and upgrading the two return pumps I'm officially Cyano free!!!. Truly blown away by how well these nozzles create random flow my coral are loving it. I've even been able to move the wavemakers out of my display completely. Of course some will say it was the sand sifting Sea Stars (2), the bolstering of the cuc, the addition of two diamond goby's, and a pistol and watchman pair that I rescued from my son's 8g Pico tank crash. But truly as many in the hobby know their is no one true magic fix in this hobby. It's a combination of learning, and good tools. The RFG nozzles are another execllent tool for reefers to help keep a small slice of natures beauty in our homes.

WOW! thanks for the awesome review. I'm happy you are have such great success with the RFG nozzles and we love hearing about it. I'll be sure too share your post with the whole team. :)

Res_Ipsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank @Ej Chavex! I love seeing other SR builds; wish there was a used 80 around when I was looking for my tank, but very happy with the 60! I actually did some similar upgrades to you with the twin Sicce 2.0 returns and @Vivid Creative Aquatics RFG nozzles. Both absolutely great bangs for your buck!

I also had AI Primes at first, but I just couldn't get enough extension on the arms to reach midway in my tank. Are you seeing the same issue?

OP
OP
Ej Chavex

Ej Chavex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank @Ej Chavex! I love seeing other SR builds; wish there was a used 80 around when I was looking for my tank, but very happy with the 60! I actually did some similar upgrades to you with the twin Sicce 2.0 returns and @Vivid Creative Aquatics RFG nozzles. Both absolutely great bangs for your buck!

I also had AI Primes at first, but I just couldn't get enough extension on the arms to reach midway in my tank. Are you seeing the same issue?

Ty very much and yes im experiencing the same issue with the primes and extension arms. I've actually considered the aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture just cause of this issue. Or possibly some type of canopy that would allow them to be centered over the tank. What have you done to fix this issue.

OP
OP
Ej Chavex

Ej Chavex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well picked up a new toy via Amazon now time to have fun.

OP
OP
Ej Chavex

Ej Chavex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**update**
Having an issue with my pH being low. I'm sure it's just the fact that it being summer and really hot in TX. So more people stay in doors meaning more c02. So I picked up a @Bulk Reef Supply universal CO2 scrubber and the BRS media. I've heard lots of great things so excited to see what happens.

IMG_20190628_213225717.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back