Innovative Marine SR80; New Reefer

tincsam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. Looking to take the dive into sharing my build and get feedback. Completely new reefer. I went with the SR80 AIO from Innovative Marine. I'm a little ways in. I will share as much as I have at the moment with some random stuff I've picked up along with way!

Tank - Innovative Marine SR-80 AIO
15G Innovative Marine Reservoir for Duetto ATO
Custom Caddy - I think I will do a refugium in this somehow
Lights - 3 Hydra 26 HD , 2 at first, but then got the 3rd
AquaMedic Doser
2 Nero 5 - want to add 2 Nero 3 in back wall
Hanna Checker contingent to check parameters
Seneye Reef
Mix of rocks and a few real reef rocks.

I do have the ability to dose Red Sea products, but haven't seen the point to do it yet.

Current Livestock

2 Maroon Clowns
1 Six Line
1 Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Hippo Tang

Snails, crabs

Mostly softies on the coral side. Zoas, 1 Frogspawn.

Thoughts on another other adds over time?

Parameters consistently stable.
62524692972__3D7DAA92-DECC-4801-B378-3BDBD9428218.JPEG
camphoto_684387517.jpg
IMG_2647.JPEG
IMG_2721.JPEG
IMG_2957.JPEG
IMG_3107.JPG

navada718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I setup a aio lagoon 2 months ago & am already considering upgrading to this size. Did you purchase from innovative marine directly?

OP
OP
T

tincsam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I setup a aio lagoon 2 months ago & am already considering upgrading to this size. Did you purchase from innovative marine directly?
I did purchase directly from innovative marine. Most of the tanks SR's are pre-orders which ship a month or two later. I don't know how much experience you have or budget, but if you already have the AIO and you are getting more serious, I would definitely consider one of the INT or EXT's. I think you can do so much more with the real sump underneath.

I am in the process of getting a refugium setup in the AIO though. Will share more later.

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice start. I recently acquired the same tank. It's not wet yet, still debating on cutting out the filtration system and putting in a ghost overflow. Also skinning the stand at the very least. Did you modify the base of the stand at all on the inside to support the ATO cannister?

OP
OP
T

tincsam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice start. I recently acquired the same tank. It's not wet yet, still debating on cutting out the filtration system and putting in a ghost overflow. Also skinning the stand at the very least. Did you modify the base of the stand at all on the inside to support the ATO cannister?
I did. I got two extra D bars (the same ones with the stand) for a total of five. I ordered them by calling Innovative Marine. This gave me the ability to have more stability in my opinion across the bottom.

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. I got two extra D bars (the same ones with the stand) for a total of five. I ordered them by calling Innovative Marine. This gave me the ability to have more stability in my opinion across the bottom.
hmmm, i should do the same. Although I bought from a place in Canada. I was thinking of making a ply bottom and create a basin in case of spillage. I do agree that those couple bars they provide are essentially useless to support anything.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back