Innovative Marine warranty

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this same issue with my 100 EXT. Got a replacement and now 3 months into the replacement tank, same issue.

I’ve contacted IM again, but do not expect they’ll be willing to replace tank again. Nor would I want another one as the design is obviously flawed and needs to be addressed.
What is your plan for your tank then? After following a lot of these types of threads for the last few weeks it seems like the best bet is just to get a custom made tank. It seems like all of the big brand Chinese made tanks suffer from quality issues.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your plan for your tank then? After following a lot of these types of threads for the last few weeks it seems like the best bet is just to get a custom made tank. It seems like all of the big brand Chinese made tanks suffer from quality issues.
I have no idea. I’m waiting to hear their options first I guess.

But, I don’t really want yet another replacement honestly. At the same time, I don’t want to buy another new system less than a year from when I bought this one either.

Ideally, I’d get my money back and take my business elsewhere or at a minimum not purchase an ext version of the IM tanks. Which is really unfortunate.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to follow up on this. IM contacted me and will be replacing the tank for a second time. This tank is supposed to have the back interior panel made of ABS material instead of acrylic. This should help with the absorption of water leading to warping and ABS bonds better to silicone than acrylic. They also tossed in $200 in TSA gift cards.

We'll see how this third attempt goes. But, it does seem like they are aware/working to correct the bowing issue with this new material. They stated that all new tanks are now being made with ABS instead of acrylic.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to follow up on this. IM contacted me and will be replacing the tank for a second time. This tank is supposed to have the back interior panel made of ABS material instead of acrylic. This should help with the absorption of water leading to warping and ABS bonds better to silicone than acrylic. They also tossed in $200 in TSA gift cards.

We'll see how this third attempt goes. But, it does seem like they are aware/working to correct the bowing issue with this new material. They stated that all new tanks are now being made with ABS instead of acrylic.
Good to hear, thanks for the update.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any update on this? I have a 100 ext on order for end of March delivery.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back