Innovative Marine

cutter2001

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
99
Reaction score
77
Location
McAllen
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of ordering an Innovative Marine EXT 200 or 240 system. I am wondering what the general reviews and feelings about the build quality are for these tanks.

Any problems with leaks or poor build quality are appreciated. Also, any compliments or recommendations for these tanks as well.

Thanks in advance,

Cutter
 
I am thinking of ordering an Innovative Marine EXT 200 or 240 system. I am wondering what the general reviews and feelings about the build quality are for these tanks.

Any problems with leaks or poor build quality are appreciated. Also, any compliments or recommendations for these tanks as well.

Thanks in advance,

Cutter
never had any issues with any of mine pretty good brand IMO
 
I am thinking of ordering an Innovative Marine EXT 200 or 240 system. I am wondering what the general reviews and feelings about the build quality are for these tanks.

Any problems with leaks or poor build quality are appreciated. Also, any compliments or recommendations for these tanks as well.

Thanks in advance,

Cutter
I have an IM15 AIO and an IM75 EXT and they’re fantastic thus far!
 
Does anyone have the 240?
 
I am thinking of ordering an Innovative Marine EXT 200 or 240 system. I am wondering what the general reviews and feelings about the build quality are for these tanks.

Any problems with leaks or poor build quality are appreciated. Also, any compliments or recommendations for these tanks as well.

Thanks in advance,

Cutter
I have there 100ext and am really happy with the build quality. The sump is also very well built and the plumbing hooks up perfectly and very sturdy. If your getting 200 or 240 your going to need like 4 really strong ppl or 6 average cause mine tank was way heavier then expected and to 3 of us. I also like there stands and how its locks into place with the twist of there star wrench everything was thought about the only thing I wish is that they made one of the side doors a control panel that’s my only option I wish they did.
 
My local fish store is doing the install.
 
I am thinking of ordering an Innovative Marine EXT 200 or 240 system. I am wondering what the general reviews and feelings about the build quality are for these tanks.

Any problems with leaks or poor build quality are appreciated. Also, any compliments or recommendations for these tanks as well.

Thanks in advance,

Cutter
I have there 100ext and am really happy with the build quality. The sump is also very well built and the plumbing hooks up perfectly and very sturdy. If your getting 200 or 240 your going to need like 4 really strong ppl or 6 average cause mine tank was way heavier then expected and to 3 of us. I also like there stands and how its locks into place with the twist of there star wrench everything was thought about the only thing I wish is that they made one of the side doors a control panel that’s my only option I wish they did.
Can you buy a Red Sea 60 panel and add it?
 
I am thinking of ordering an Innovative Marine EXT 200 or 240 system. I am wondering what the general reviews and feelings about the build quality are for these tanks.

Any problems with leaks or poor build quality are appreciated. Also, any compliments or recommendations for these tanks as well.

Thanks in advance,

Cutter
I have there 100ext and am really happy with the build quality. The sump is also very well built and the plumbing hooks up perfectly and very sturdy. If your getting 200 or 240 your going to need like 4 really strong ppl or 6 average cause mine tank was way heavier then expected and to 3 of us. I also like there stands and how its locks into place with the twist of there star wrench everything was thought about the only thing I wish is that they made one of the side doors a control panel that’s my only option I wish they did.
Can you buy a Red Sea 60 panel and add it?
I’m not sure about that I think the Red Sea would be to wide but I could be wrong it’s easy to check though by looking at width. Theres a guy on etsy that makes these 3D printed pieces with the same locking mechanism so you can install them easy and cut your own piece of wood and paint it then mount and drill holes for wiring. I got from him a mount to hang my DOS inside and it works great. If you type in innovative marine in the search bar the product is called Innovative Marine APS Stand Control Board Interior Mount
 
Never heard of anyone having issues with those tanks before!
 
The back internal panel of my 150EXT is black plastic, it has the overflow teeth cut into it. It has formed a bulge in it about 3” oval. Not an issue but would be if I needed to place a MP40 there. There is a thread somewhere that a couple others had the back panel warp.
I would buy an IM tank again but not a 19.5” height again. Too hard to get flow with taller SPS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new