Input on my modified Saxby Nano Schedule?

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some time this weekend to get serious about my lighting schedule before I start purchasing corals. Ran a couple of the schedules you can download from AI Signature webpage, and settled on the Saxby one. I like the overall aesthetics and the fact the lighting varies at different times of the day.

One thing I am very aware of is how different his tank is from mine. Mine is a 14 Gallon Innovative Marine Peninsula tank with 1 AI Prime 16HD. That being said, I scaled back all of Saxby's setting back by 40%. I made this judgment call from, watching a BRS regarding lighting intensity among various tanks using my light.

My plans are to start out with soft corals, then add some LPS. Does this schedule seem reasonable for that goal? I was thinking of renting a PAR meter from BRS...

Appreciate any thoughts.

-Jib

Edit, I should also note the light is 8-9 inches above the tank.

Saxby Lighting.png

Last edited:

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been running this? Has it done well scaling it back?
I just picked up a Prime and thought of scaling the Saxby back due to the BRS video as well.

I have also seen other posts where folks say they run it unchanged and did a 4 to 6-week acclimation.

OP
OP
Jib

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been running this? Has it done well scaling it back?
I just picked up a Prime and thought of scaling the Saxby back due to the BRS video as well.

I have also seen other posts where folks say they run it unchanged and did a 4 to 6-week acclimation.
Been slowly cranking it up. Zoas were reaching. I think I might end up closer to the normal saxby preset.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back