Install issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this has been a huge headache costing me multiple hours to get nowhere.
I connect my lx7 to usb then to wifi but I keeo getting "Device is not connected to myGHL" error when trying to verify. theres nothing i can do to fix this and i been trying for 3 hours and only managed to get 1 light registered i have 3 more to go.

Future tip maybe remove the whole security thing and just put a serial number on each light and allow profiles to claim the lights and then just reach out to the IP to verify, but this whole method really puts a dent on me enjoying this light

wiszmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear of the trouble, a few things to check..

* When connecting to WiFi, are you using DHCP, or static IP?
* After setting the WiFi details, hit SAVE and disconnect, allowing the WiFi module to reload.

On the bottom of the Communications tab is a status indicator that will show if the LX is connected to MyGHL, it can take up to a minute after first connection for the backend to generate the Security code and show online...

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally when there are MyGHL connectivity issues, it's due to manual IP and lack of/incorrect DNS server configurations in the IP settings.
The device(s) have to be able to communicate with the cloud service in order to get online..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back