Installing VarioS-6 Controllable DC Pump in RedSea 250.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kika
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kika

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2025
Messages
77
Reaction score
37
Location
saint cloud
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am trying to install a VarioS-6 Controllable DC Pump in my RedSea 250. The issue I am running into is that the current tank return barb is 5/8 and the RTN pump is 3/4.

I’ve read some online discussions and seems like the way to so is to replace the entire hose to 3/4, which is not a problem for me.

What I need help with is on how to connect this new 3/4 hose to the RedSea return line. I have attached a photo for reference. Seems like there is a female adapter currently for the 5/8 hose.

Has anyone done this before? If so, I would appreciate some links for the parts needed.

Thanks in advance!

20250714_132041.png
 
Are you able to get a reducer? You can buy a 'slip x slip' reducer
 
Are you able to get a reducer? You can buy a 'slip x slip' reducer
Yeah, I’m just trying to go fully 3/4 which would probably result in a better flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new