Other varios 6 pump users, pump is noisy??

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BryanM

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
8,973
Reaction score
11,035
Location
Morgan Hill
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a neptune cor-20 die on me, a backup on the shelf that worked, but ultimately I wanted more control over it with my hydros system so I bought a Varios 6 to replace it and keep the neptune as the backup.

I am surprised that this pump is noisier than the Cor20, and IMO noisy. It is running at 65%, though when I dropped it down to 50% it made no difference.

I wouldn't call it lout, but now that I can hear it, I can't unhear it, and it may drive me insane.

Wondering if other folks that have the same pump notice this, or if I need to contact coralvue .... Thanks!
 
I had a VarioS-6 on a 110 gallon tank and ran it at about 45%. It was completely silent.
I have a VarioS-6S pump on my skimmer and it's silent as well, if you discount the air draw noise and the air in the skimmer noise.
 
I know I'm late but do you have enough water in the return chamber? I had a Varios-8 on my new 170 gallon tank. It was silent but then after I fine tuned things in my tank my return chamber had the pump covered but not much and I had this hum that I couldn't get rid of unless I added more water to the return chamber.
 
I know I'm late but do you have enough water in the return chamber? I had a Varios-8 on my new 170 gallon tank. It was silent but then after I fine tuned things in my tank my return chamber had the pump covered but not much and I had this hum that I couldn't get rid of unless I added more water to the return chamber.
Its pretty well covered, probably 10 inches submerged or so.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new