Dalibongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9909.jpeg
IMG_9910.jpeg
image.jpg

Anyone else have this stuff build up in their tanks? I just mixed about 110 gallons of IO reef crystals. I read a bunch about gunk forming in the mixing tanks but never showing up in the DT or Sump.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this is or how to fix it? Seems like some precipitate. It’s turning my DT water a murky ish brown color which is hard to see in pictures but visible to the eyeball.

I mixed for 12-14 hours. My first batch I mixed for 24 hours but the final water quality was so filthy and brown I tossed it. Less time seemed to help clear it up but I’m still having this problem.

It’s a 90 gallon DT with 44 gallon sump. I’m early cycle right now but I’m wondering if I should throw the filter socks in anyways to try and catch some of this crap. I put them in initially for a day before I added any bacteria/ammonia but took them out once I did. Now 3 days into the cycle im thinking about putting them back in to help clean up but im afraid it will mess with my cycle.

Thoughts? TIA

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back