Insulating uneven basement walls for possible fish room?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You can use furring strips and attach them to the wall, but it would be a pain to shim them out to where they’re all flat. It also doesn’t allow for very much room for insulation.

I also hate finishing Sheetrock, but it is the only wall covering that looks good in my opinion. I bought an old house, completely gutted and rebuilt it and finishing the sheet rock is the only part that I hired someone to do.
This. I pay dry wallers, all day!
 
This. I pay dry wallers, all day!

I agree Drywall sucks right.

it took about 6 weeks to due the drywall on the full house reno we did. had to shim some out trim some 2x4 down to get a level flat surface....way to long and WAY to much $$

I thought about the project some more and I dont think i am gonna do it. the idea to have a nice man cave/fish room down there is nice and all. but i would be only finishing one room down there and dont want to put all the work and $$ into only to not hang out there much.

IDK would be a super cool project but I think I m gonna keep it simple now that I have to replace my large reef, seams are starting to fail so i got a warranty replacement coming.
that alone is a ton of work.
 
This is the Drawing, I made. Vertical Fire Stops are not Shown. Most Codes Spec. Every 10 feet. My plan was every 8 feet, so I wouldn’t have to divide a Sheet of Foam Board. Home Depot, has the Vertical Angle, for Fire Stops. Make sure you get permits, and check with local code enforcement, before starting.
D3D212F3-0A73-480D-9090-9BAD1A51786D.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new