Insulating uneven basement walls for possible fish room?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use furring strips and attach them to the wall, but it would be a pain to shim them out to where they’re all flat. It also doesn’t allow for very much room for insulation.

I also hate finishing Sheetrock, but it is the only wall covering that looks good in my opinion. I bought an old house, completely gutted and rebuilt it and finishing the sheet rock is the only part that I hired someone to do.
This. I pay dry wallers, all day!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. I pay dry wallers, all day!

I agree Drywall sucks right.

it took about 6 weeks to due the drywall on the full house reno we did. had to shim some out trim some 2x4 down to get a level flat surface....way to long and WAY to much $$

I thought about the project some more and I dont think i am gonna do it. the idea to have a nice man cave/fish room down there is nice and all. but i would be only finishing one room down there and dont want to put all the work and $$ into only to not hang out there much.

IDK would be a super cool project but I think I m gonna keep it simple now that I have to replace my large reef, seams are starting to fail so i got a warranty replacement coming.
that alone is a ton of work.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Drawing, I made. Vertical Fire Stops are not Shown. Most Codes Spec. Every 10 feet. My plan was every 8 feet, so I wouldn’t have to divide a Sheet of Foam Board. Home Depot, has the Vertical Angle, for Fire Stops. Make sure you get permits, and check with local code enforcement, before starting.
D3D212F3-0A73-480D-9090-9BAD1A51786D.jpeg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back