Intank Chamber 1 for Waterbox 20

Capoe126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I posted this in the Equipment/ Filtration forum but I want the opinion of some people over here as well! (Is there a way to post to link one thread to two forums?)

I have recently purchased a Waterbox 20 Cube. It should be here in a few weeks. I am in the process of doing my HW and have a bazillion questions on all kinds of things, so I am trying to tackle those one by one. The plan for the tank is about 3 fish, corals, and inverts (still much to be decided but I know a small tank needs to be kept conservative in live stock). I also am planning on going barebottom. This will be a classroom tank and needs to be moved in the summer, a few I have spoken to recommended a barebottom being easier to move and that makes sense to me. I figure that may affect my question below.

It seems to be a no brainer to swap up the stock filter socks for Intanks Media Basket for Chamber 1. This a sort of three shelf upgrade that goes in the first chamber of the Waterbox.

My question is what should I run in each of the three shelves? After doing research my options seem to be some type of combination of the following and though I realize no tank is the same and there is no "perfect" combination I am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

Top: Floss or Filter Pad (course then fine)

Middle Section: Chemi Pure Blue, Carbon, Clear Fx Pro, Zeo Stone, GFO, Purigen

Bottom: Another FLozz/ Filter Pad. A few people mentioned Chaeto here too

What do you think! Feel free to direct message me as well, these forums are great but they make having back and forth conversations a little tricky.

Quote Reply

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back