Intank media basket

Discussion in 'All In One Aquariums (AIO)' started by Curryb15, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Curryb15

Curryb15 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

hello all I just received my intank media basket for my nuvo 10 aio. I was just wondering what everyone runs in the media baskets? I’m lost as to what to put into it.

2. NowGlazeIT

NowGlazeIT Valuable Member R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

In my media basket I had marine pure spheres in the bottom (biological filtration). Carbon in a bag in the middle (chemical filtration) and filter floss media at the start (mechanical filtration) my media basket might be different size then your so I’d double check sizes on the marine pure sheres before buying

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. Curryb15

Curryb15 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yea I was going to say that my basket chamber deff won’t be big enough for Spears. Unless they make them real small. I was thinking about spheres in the middle chamber of my aio instead of a skimmer

4. Curryb15

Got any pics of your basket with the stuff in it ?

5. NowGlazeIT

I don’t have any pics I’m sorry it’s stuffed full with sponges in a HT at the moment. I built it to fit I think the dimensions were 3X4.5 inches. When I ran a small bio cube29 for 2 years just soft coral, I didn’t run a skimmer just extra marine pure and live rock but nowadays Nano skimmers are getting more efficient so I would try to find a way to incorporate both, if not no biggie. but if it’s in your budget what about cutting some marine pure block to fit?

6. jorahx

jorahx Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Can the block or plates be cut effectively?

NowGlazeIT likes this.
  7. NowGlazeIT

Yes I can contest to cutting a 1x8 with a miter saw effectively. Just gotta go super slow only applying enough pressure to hold the block still. Marine Pure is made of inert aluminosilicate ceramic and turns to dust easily. Any modifications with this product should be done out doors

Draft saved Draft deleted