Interactive information screen

Matthew Elsass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on this for a couple of years and finally got it running the way I want it. My tank is located at my business which is a gymnastics and preschool so we have a lot of children looking at the tank. All the fish have names so I've always had pictures of the fish and their names but I really wanted more of an interactive experience for the kids to learn about not only the fish but also the corals and invertebrates. I came up with mounting a antroid tablet running a kiosk program with information about everything in the tank. It's worked really well and I'm really excited how much the kids navigate though the program and learn about everything. I would also love suggestion on other pages to have the kids navigate though. Right now it's fish, corals, inverts, and fun facts. On each of the page I give facts about each. I thought about games or just anything else. Any ideas would be appreciated! Let me know if y'all have any questions about the steps and process.

IMG_3329.JPG IMG_3330.JPG IMG_3331.JPG
image.jpg IMG_3332.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome!

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great idea... Well done!

What about a section on caring for the animals in the tank "Tank Husbandry"...Being a good"fish Daddy or Mommy". and or tank parameters. pH , Salinity etc... Could be also educational.. just a thought

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back