interceptor dose for white bugs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter realreef7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

realreef7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
14
Location
pac nw
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with white bugs in the frag tank. What's the recommended dose of interceptor people are having success with? I've tried 1 large chew, frag tank is just shy of 100 gallons. They're still there.

Does KCL dip do anything for these guys? Haven't tried bayers yet.
 
I just did 5 23mg tablets in a 225, colors are bouncing back quick and no sign of them, will be doing follow up doses.
 
For what it's worth, Bayers does not work. I dipped all my frags in bayers for 30 minutes and am now dealing with bugs as well.
 
I just did 5 23mg tablets in a 225, colors are bouncing back quick and no sign of them, will be doing follow up doses.
how many doses do you plan on doing? I did 4 chews on a reefer 750 ~ 200g and no signs of them. Planning on doing another dose in a few days (been 7 days since the 1st dose).
 
For what it's worth, Bayers does not work. I dipped all my frags in bayers for 30 minutes and am now dealing with bugs as well.
Really huh, I did a 1hr KCL dip, 4 tbsp a gallon and they were still moving around. Wonder what people are using to successfully rid of them with dips.
 
Tough without photos of the actual bug, there are a few different species I think that are being called grey bugs. Here is a photo of one that died in a potassium chloride dip. Trouble is I think they can avoid exposure to the dips if they get sucked into a crevice or polyp or under mucous. So definitely not something you want to rely on a single dip to protect yourself with.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3934.jpeg
    IMG_3934.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 92

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new