Interceptor Plus dosage for 43g tank - Needing some help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ashr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ashr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
234
Reaction score
79
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Looking to dose my tank for red/white acro bugs and I have a pill of Interceptor Plus 23mg Milbemycin oxime + 228mg prazi. My total water volume is 43g minus my rock and such.

I am wondering what the best dosage of this medication would be? Would I want to cut it into 4 pieces and dose 1 per week for 4 weeks? I have looked for this info but a lot of it is out dated and for the reg Interceptor.

Any help would be amazing.

Cheers,

Ashr
 
From what I remember 1 pill for large dogs will treat 200 gallons. Not sure if this will help but if it were me I would cut the pill in half and do 2 doses. You can dose a 4x dose with no ill effects to fish and corals but shrimp and pods are a different story. Pods have a tendency to make a big comeback though.
 
Awesome, thank you! I was just worried. Any issues with Urchins?
 
Yup, all inverts could have issues so its best to remove them if possible for at least 24 hours.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new